Deck the Halls (on a budget)
Don't let your wallet stand in the way of your decorating dreams! I've got some DIY tips to help you make your home extra festive without breaking the bank!
- Place extra ornaments on the mantle, in a hurricane vase, or around a DIY wreath.
- Paper, scissors, and some string are all you need to make snowflake garland. Find patterns you love with a quick online search. Simple, bold, and easy for the kids!
- Wrap empty Amazon boxes to create a faux-wrapped present tower. Place on an entry bench, stairway, or fireplace. You can also wrap artwork or picture frames already hanging on your wall. Just add a fun bow and place back on the wall.
- Put those holiday photo cards to work as ornaments on your tree (use clothespins to clip to branches), or simply hang them around a doorway.
- When in doubt, go with lights and greenery. On the mantle, around a banister, above kitchen cabinets...the possibilities are endless and the price is oh-so-right.
Do you have high-impact, low-cost holiday decorations you adore? Drop them in the comments!