Fall in Northern Illinois
Fall in Northern Illinois? You’re gonna need a bucket list for that — starting with these not to miss events and adventures!
1) Catch the fall colors. We are lucky to have a rainbow of leaves in our area come fall. Check out local nature areas such as Coral Woods Conservation Area in Marengo, Chain O’ Lakes State Park in Spring Grove & Glacial Park in Ringwood for some of the most picturesque views.
2) Pick the perfect pumpkin. Our area is ripe with pumpkin patches! You can’t go wrong with a trip to Stade’s in Johnsburg, Goebbert's in Pingree Grove or Richardson’s in Spring Grove.
3) Light up the night. Jack O’ Lantern World in Lake Zurich is a must see for the whole family – an incredible walk-through of thousands of jack o’ lanterns lit up and displayed is something that can’t be missed this fall.
4) Get spooked at Fright Fest. Six Flags always puts on quite the show for Fright Fest. How lucky are we to live so close to this amazing amusement park?!
5) Hitch a ride on the haunted hayride. The Peterson Park Haunted Hayride is a long-standing Halloween tradition. Catch it this year October 13-14 and 20-21 in McHenry.
Now I’m curious, what's on your fall agenda? Share your favorite local events and fall traditions in the comments so we can celebrate the season together!